Investment visa/temporary residence permit

Are there any restrictions for investor visa recipients in Kazakhstan?
Yes. The investment visa holder cannot be employed by any other company in AIFC or Kazakhstan unless s/he is not the manager and/or Deputy’s head and/or head of the structural unit of the legal entity engaged in investment activity on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Dependents of the main recipient of the investment visa (A5) do not have the right to carry out labor, religious, missionary activities, and/or participate in the activities of a religious association unless otherwise provided by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Can I get an investment visa/temporary residence permit without getting a tax residency certificate?
Yes, you can
What is the difference between an investor visa and a temporary residence permit?
Temporary Residence Permit (TRP) is a document issued to foreigners or stateless people temporarily staying in Kazakhstan. The TRP replaces visas of the appropriate category for citizens of the EAEU and CIS countries. The issuance of the TRP is available only within the territory of Kazakhstan and for the citizens of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Russia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Belarus, and Uzbekistan. Other applicants shall obtain an investor visa and can apply both within and outside of Kazakhstan
Can I apply for an investor visa if I am already in Kazakhstan?
Yes, an A5 investor visa can be issued for the head or deputy head, or other official person doing investment activities in Kazakhstan. A change of visa of a certain category to А5 investor visa within Kazakhstan is allowed only for the following categories: В3 - business visa В10 - visa for a private trip С3, С4, С5 - employment visa С10 - visa for a private trip (ethnic kazakhs), as per migration legislation of Kazakhstan. Please note that an applicant must not be a tax resident of Kazakhstan before applying to the Programme
Can I work with a temporary residence permit?
Immigrants temporarily staying in the Republic of Kazakhstan are not allowed to work without appropriate permits issued by the local executive body, unless otherwise provided by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of population migration and/or international treaties ratified by the Republic of Kazakhstan
Can my family members apply for investor visa/temporary residence permit?
The temporary residence permit (TRP) can also be issued to close family members of the applicant for the same period as the applicant's registration. For registration of documents for the spouse, a marriage certificate; for children – a birth certificate must be provided. The documents must be provided in a notarized copy with a mark of legalization/apostille, depending on the country of issue of the document. Children under the age of 16 do not need a TRP.